Re: [LUG] Cloud Storage

On Tue, 8 Apr 2014 15:09:00 +0000
"Tremayne, Steve" <steven.tremayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>
> I'm just setting up an old PC at home with Open Media Vault on, with
> the OwnCloud plug-in installed... the intention is that it's in my
> DMZ, so I'll be able to access it internally as well as externally...
>
> I'll let you know how I get on.
>
> I didn't know about Ubuntu One closing down. There was no mention on
> the site, when I logged in yesterday, but I did find the shutdown
> notice once I'd searched for it:
>
> https://one.ubuntu.com/services/shutdown/
>
> Shame... it even bypassed my corporate filesharing blocks for a
> while! :oD
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve

I will be interested to hear how you get on. I have my own website and
I thought I would have a go at setting up OwnCloud to see what it is
all about. I have it installed now on my web site and it seems to be
working so far. My hard drive on my desk top has also had something
installed on it and I am learning how it all works.

Later this month Xubuntu v 14.04 is due out and it is an LTS version. I
plan to install it once it has settled down so I will start with a
clean slate on the HD. By then I hope to have decided if I like OC or
not.

Thanks

Neil