Re: [LUG] OpenSSL 1.0.1 "Heartbleed" vulnerability

On 8 April 2014 11:01, Philip Hudson <phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On second thoughts, the conclusion -- that OpenSSH private keys need
> to be considered compromised -- does not necessarily follow the
> premise (though I still think it's pretty likely). From what I've read
> so far it is not clear that the bug resides in that particular library
> as opposed to some other component (though again I think it's pretty
> likely). We need a definitive answer from someone better informed than
> me.

Still speculating: OpenSSH *login passwords* (and/or key passphrases?)
needing to be considered compromised looks (slightly) more likely than
OpenSSH private keys needing to be considered compromised.

Having said all this, I guess I should make it clear that it is not
impossible from what I've read so far that OpenSSH is not affected at
all, or only in cases involving specifically SSL/TLS credentials. I've
never encountered one myself.

So... DON'T PANIC. :-)

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz