Re: [LUG] Truecrypt - tin hats on!

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 11:50:15PM +0100, bad apple wrote:
> Behold:
>
> http://istruecryptauditedyet.com/
>
> Crackpot theories aside, there are genuine reasons to be suspicious of
> TrueCrypt if you are a professional paranoid, like myself. I still
> routinely install or recommend it for other people though, as long as
> they don't require true weapons grade security. Nobody has ever
> demonstrated that TrueCrypt is malicious or compromised to be fair, but
> having a proper, open audit can only be a good thing considering the
> nature of the software.

All of this. (The people say they've finished the first phase of the
audit and promised the report "soon".)

Simon's link is interesting though. Not because it gives compelling
evidence (it mostly mentions stuff that's a bit vague) but because it
confirms my memory that 'before Snowden' people did talk about 'CIA
backdoors' (as opposed to NSA ones).

Martijn.