Re: [LUG] Truecrypt - tin hats on!

On 03/04/14 23:31, Simon Avery wrote:
> Whilst I don't really believe it is, there is a grain of doubt from this;
>
> http://www.privacylover.com/encryption/analysis-is-there-a-backdoor-in-truecrypt-is-truecrypt-a-cia-honeypot/

Behold:

http://istruecryptauditedyet.com/

Crackpot theories aside, there are genuine reasons to be suspicious of
TrueCrypt if you are a professional paranoid, like myself. I still
routinely install or recommend it for other people though, as long as
they don't require true weapons grade security. Nobody has ever
demonstrated that TrueCrypt is malicious or compromised to be fair, but
having a proper, open audit can only be a good thing considering the
nature of the software.

Regards