Re: [LUG] Fwd: Microsoft scam man is sentenced

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:32:10 +0100
Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Paul,

>You would think that when the courts are able to prosecute someone they
>would be made and example of and giving a bit more than the pathetic

Not always possible;  The law usually sets maximum penalties for an
offence or crime.  The magistrates or judge can't exceed those limits.

>sentence handed out here.  I bet he made more money out of the scam,
>than the fine.

Like Michael Jordan;  He was fined $5000 for every basketball game he
played whilst wearing Nike footwear (it wasn't team approved). He
happily paid the fine, as the sponsorship money he got for wearing the
kit far outweighed the fine.

--
 Regards  _
There's no point in asking you'll get no reply