Re: [LUG] OT: DHL Spam

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:59:06 +0100
Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I don't use DHL, but I know some of you work for companies who may
> get orders delivered using them so I thought I'd pass this on.  I've
> just had four spam messages about an alleged order delivery from DHL,
> but it rang alarm bells immediately for two reasons:
>
> a) As I said above I don't use DHL, I have no reason to.
> b) The details of the consignment were in - yes you guessed it - a
> ZIP file.
>
> I'm sure nobody here is stupid enough to open such a file, but I
> thought I'd let you all know so that you could advise anyone you
> thought /might/ be daft enough to.  After all a busy admin department
> or warehouse which gets a lot of email from delivery companies might
> easily slip up.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

I have had plenty of those. Plus emails about Amazon orders I have
never made. Plus some about tax refunds I am not due. And lots of
others. I seem to be getting a lot more recently. My wife also has to
appear in court for various reasons, all of them in the USA. As we have
never visited that country .....!!

And don't mention rubbish phone calls. Is it just me or is all this
getting much worse recently?

Neil