Re: [LUG] linux child protection

On 28/03/14 23:36, Paul Sutton wrote:

On 28/03/14 23:31, Julian Hall wrote:

On 28/03/14 20:44, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 20:09:19 +0000
Daniel Robinson <manipula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Daniel,

I can't even trust adults to use the internet, what hope does he have
with teenagers! Block what you want is of my opinion

Apropos;  The govt. are looking into applying a mandatory proof of age
requirement for gentlemen's special interest(1), web sites(2). This to
be done by asking for credit card details, for example.
And no kid has ever nicked their parents' credit card of course, or driving licence, or whatever other item they think only an adult could possess.. this has failure written all over it..

Julian

And how many Boys of a certain age got hold of top shelf mags while at school, ?

Paul

Well exactly.. and think of the psychology.. tell a child something is forbidden and what happens? Even worse, deliberately try to block them doing /whatever/ and what happens? And that's any child.. add 'teenager' to the mix and you've had it..

Julian