Re: [LUG] linux child protection

They don't care about kids watching porn! They're more interested in who is that person with that super secure Linux computer with some phoney live.com email address that so far they haven't been able to trace... Catch my drift?
My point whilst staying on topic is that if you own the network you are responsible for securing it, and if that means stopping your teens using stickam and such then do so.
I wouldn't give it a second thought if it were my kids.

On 28 Mar 2014 20:45, "Brad Rogers" <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 20:09:19 +0000
Daniel Robinson <manipula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Daniel,

>I can't even trust adults to use the internet, what hope does he have
>with teenagers! Block what you want is of my opinion

Apropos; ÂThe govt. are looking into applying a mandatory proof of age
requirement for gentlemen's special interest(1), web sites(2). ÂThis to
be done by asking for credit card details, for example. ÂYes, the UK
govt.(3) /still/ seem to think that they can control the internet.

(1) p0rn
(2) monitoring such activity indicates that 5% of the people viewing
such sites are males between 13 and 18(4)
(3) okay, so they're not the only govt. that think that.
(4) how they know the age and gender of the person at the keyboard
remains unclear

--
ÂRegards Â_
    Â/ )      "The blindingly obvious is