Re: [LUG] Debian apt

On 28/03/14 18:39, bad apple wrote:
> On 28/03/14 18:15, Philip Hudson wrote:
>> What's wrong with this sources.list? It's been 404'ing just about
>> everything over the last week.
>>
>> deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
>> deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
>> deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
>> deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib
>>
>> deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org squeeze main non-free
>> deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org squeeze-backports main
>>

>> deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
>> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
>> deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
>> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib

On closer inspection you seem to be mixing Squeeze (Debian 6) with
Testing (Debian 8, aka Jessie) repos and completely skipping Wheezy
(Debian 7.4) in the middle. Now I don't see why you wouldn't be able to
download all the release files for updating ok but surely mixing Debian
6 with Debian 8 is going to end very badly... I've never even tried
doing that but it can't be a supported option.

No idea why you're getting 404s during apt-get update though. Unrelated
temporary network problem?

Regards