Re: [LUG] Running Word under VirtualBox 4.3.10

On 26/03/14 11:54, Richard Brown wrote:
> Reminded me that I still need to run Word from a computer. I have a
> laptop. The spec is Intel core i3 2.4ghz with 4gb of Ram. Is this
> enough to run VirtualBox and Windows 7 please?

Oh yes, quite comfortably at that. You'll have to assign about half of
your PC's resources to the Win7 VM though - it's going to want half your
cores and half your RAM to run well.

You may be better off with one of these options though:

1: Install Office 2010 under Wine*
2: Use RDP to access Office from a Windows host
3: Mandate standard save formats (ODF/DOC) for all your users

Regards

*http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=17336