[LUG] digikam messed-up my webcam

Hi

I upgraded digikam yesterday and now when I try and use cheese, webcam app, I get the following;

Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".
libEGL warning: GLX/DRI2 is not supported

(cheese:7294): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_strsplit: assertion 'string != NULL' failed

(cheese:7294): Clutter-CRITICAL **: Unable to initialize Clutter: The OpenGL version could not be determined

If I try to remove cheese to re-install it I'm told digikam must be removed also. I get the same if I try and install another webcam application.

The webcam works fine, skype uses it no problem. To be fair the last time I used the webcam outside skype was back in August, so it may not be yesterdays upgrade of digikam to 3.5 (installend via dpkg from a different repository. apt-get front ends complained of unmet dependencies, but dpkg didn't and it works just fine), but it probably is....

I'm using Kubuntu 13.10.

Any ideas heard with gratitude.

Thanks

Simon