[LUG] installing wireless drivers on debian 7.4

Hi

I am trying to get the wireless working on my netbook,  just installed
debian 7.4 net install (via ethernet) and need to get the wireless
device working

according to lspci this is
03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g
LP-PHY (rev 01)

Using this page as a guide

aptitude install module-assistant wireless-tools
m-a a-i broadcom-sta
modprobe -r b44 b43 b43legacy ssb brcmsmac
modprobe wl
iwconfig

if I enter this at the command line
m-a a-i broadcom-sta

i get the following
broadcom-sta, Whatis broadcom sta.

I am simply trying to follow the instructions,  so the above output is not really
helpful,

can anyone help please.

Note it works fine under Lubuntu, so the drivers are out there,  just how to install
them on debian,

if I need to enable non free repositories how do I do this,  ?

this is a very minimal install (which is what I want) I am going to install JUST
what I need,  gnome is the normal default gui system but its far too bloated, and
has too much of stuff I don't want or will never use, its easier to
start with minimal and build up.

thanks

Paul

web : http://www.zleap.net
twitter : @zleap14

Torbay Raspberry Pi Jam,  8th March 2014 - http://dcglug.drogon.net/torbay-pi-jam/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.