Re: [LUG] Microsoft cries out to UK government against open source

On 25/02/14 11:52, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:35:23 +0000
Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Julian,

actually know what they are doing.  Granted they have thousands of
civil servants below them, many of whom I'm sure /do/ know their
subject inside out, however when the boss gives you an unrealistic goal
And have their own goals, too.   Sometimes (often?) at odds with which
ever government is in power at the time.  All that tends to go on at the
higher levels though.

It's the poor sods on the coal face I feel sorry for, as they're the
ones that cop it when everything goes tits up and people are sent bills
demanding repayment of an "overpaid" tax rebate.

I too worked in local govt. briefly.  The missus worked for the CPS for
many years.

We feel your pain, Julian.    :-)
Cheers Brad.. happily it's past tense by a couple of decades :)

Julian