Re: [LUG] Microsoft cries out to UK government against open source

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 20:34:14 +0000
Martijn Grooten <martijn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Martijn,

>The FUD is spread by The Inquirer, not by Microsoft. Their blog post

Sorry, my mistake.

>the only standard and they want it to also mandate OOXML. Which,
>whatever your views on the way it was designed, is an ISO standard.

I'm aware of that, but it's certainly well worth mentioning the fact.

Anyhow, the design of OOXML is not what I'm concerned about, but the fact
that different versions of Microsoft's own software seem to handle the
same document differently and older versions of software can't
necessarily load OOXML from newer version of Microsoft's products.

--
 Regards  _
You never listen to a word that I said