Re: [LUG] Microsoft cries out to UK government against open source

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 07:41:41AM +0000, Brad Rogers wrote:
> 'HTML' is a moving goal whereas OOXML is a ratified ISO standard.
> Any deviation from that standard isn't allowed (it's stops being the
> standard).  Any software that is supposed to be able to handle OOXML
> should be able to deal with it wherever it's generated.

Fair enough. I don't know enough about file formats to decide whose
argument is right. My main point is that if one is going to write or
complain about this, one should make sure to use the correct
arguments. And that The Inquirer's article was pretty poor. :-)

Martijn.