Re: [LUG] Ubuntu File System

On Fri, 2014-02-21 at 20:49 +0000, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>

> Hope all is well.
>

> I have returned to using Linux a lot and I am enjoying it. I have my
> HP file server and a laptop. Looking forward to getting a phone soon.
>

> Anyway, I wanted to know whether it is possible to add some changes to
> the way Ubuntu displays files and folders. What I would like is for
> files to show size as well as name. For folders it would be useful if
> they could show the path and also size.
Depending on which Desktop you have Gnome or KED etc

Visible Columns is what you need, then tick which one to show. My Menu
in Gnome3 is to the left of the Display button in a Down Arrow Menu.
In the old nautilus it was View - Visible Columns . Right clicking on a
Folder and looking at Properties is also useful

Command line I find "tree" a good command for dir. structure.
Whislt there ls -al gives perms groups dates and sizes.

> Thanks
>

> Rich
>

> --
> Richard Brown