Re: [LUG] Hackathon in Exeter in March (National Hack the Government)

On 20/02/14 14:55, trevor@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am not sure if you have seen this, but if you haven't I receveied this from
> the Hack Space group today:
>
> Trevor
>

> So, there were a few people who wanted to come to the Met Office
> hackathon RC and I went to back in June last year but couldn't make it
> due to the short notice. GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! National Hack The
> Government is taking place in Exeter next month, and they are looking
> for volunteers. It's mainly a software event, so coding is more the
> order of the day than soldering - but as always, hackathons work better
> with style and documentation so~ if you're not much of a coder or
> sysadmin, there's plenty of call for photographers,
> documentation-writers, policyhackers, bloggers and journalists,
> designers, artists (Bring Wacoms! There's never enough Wacoms! (I <3
> Wacoms. (Especially my 1992 piece of beautiful junk <3))).
>
> For the coders, HTML, CSS, Javascript will be as wanted as
> Python/Java/SQL. Analysis and Logic will be needed to make good use of
> the data available, so people with sociology, economics/finance, health
> and social care experie~..
>
> Basically, there'll be something for anyone who wants to come along to
> get stuck into, and the more people who come along the better it'll turn
> out.
>
> There are four centres including Exeter (So that's Bournemouth, London,
> Glasgow) so it's a huge event. As far as I understand, Devon County
> Council are leading and providing a lot of data.
>
> It's a weekend, March 8/9
>
> Here's the information:
> http://nationalhackthegovernment.wordpress.com/exeter/
>
> You can sign up here: http://rewiredstate.org/hacks/NHTG14
>
> And they're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nhtgexeter
>
> Look forward to seeing you all there!
>
> Regards,
> Gray.
>
> Gray Marchiori-Simpson
> CEO E-Space Project.

Sorry I am at the Torbay PI jam on the 8th March.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Torbay Raspberry Pi Jam  8th March 2014 - http://dcglug.drogon.net/torbay-pi-jam/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.