Re: [LUG] X10 kit

On 19 February 2014 14:38, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That page also indicates that, as of today, there's a fix available.

Ah, so it does. But given some of the vulnerabilities listed I'm not sure I would want to trust the product even if this set of vulnerabilities is fixed, it doesn't seem as if security is top priority for Belkin. I feel uneasy about it having constant communication with Belkin's servers too, I'd rather have something that didn't require constant internet access and could happily work without needing to go via their service (I don't know if the WeMo can do this, I haven't used it). Especially if you plan to control anything more critical than lights or a washing machine or something.

I'm not sure it's good that it took several months to release a fix for serious security issues either.

Shaun