Re: [LUG] OT: Windows XP

On 16 February 2014 15:24, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry Simon, but whilst I'm in rant mode I'm having a go at this too.

You are positively grumpy today.

Yes, for god's sake, of course I think that. I don't only think that, I
know it from extensive experience. I can't believe there is even a
question about it, this is ridiculous.

Er, no. You take a lot of words to rip apart my point, without going near my point.

I did not say Win8 WITHOUT Metro, I said Win8. You read something else.

My point is that stock Mint is more like the intuitive Windows interface than stock Win8 and that it is friendlier to many users.

I stand by that statement, not the statement you think I made in your overly stroppy reply.

I'm not that idiot, and I sincerely hope none of you are either,
although I'm beginning to have my doubts.

Getting personal now. Calm down. Argue your point well and without anger as I know you can, or I won't bother reading it.  I value your expertise, experience and ability to convey this, but life is too short to put up with abuse so I won't.