Re: [LUG] OT: Windows XP

On 14 February 2014 22:43, Adrian Midgley <amidgley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How about move all desktops to Linux...

As an aside, I stumbled across this today; http://www.reactos.org/

An independant attempt to make an OS that is like Windows in every way, but isn't.

Oh, I understand why you would want to inherit the huge software base by being binary compatible for windows executables, but... Why not just use windows if that's your aim?

And I can't help thinking they'll get so far along this track until Microsoft quietly say, "You can't do that, you know." and throw a few dozen legal reasons in front of Reactos and the whole project will go down the pan.

Or am I just grumpy and pessimistic because of the weather?