Re: [LUG] [OT] Simple peer-to-peer web censorship avoidance

On 10 February 2014 16:11, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At the risk of trivialising your point, I bow to a greater tinfoil hat than
> my own.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Nevertheless, it's worth remembering that cockups outnumber
conspiracies many times over. Unfortunately, that's no comfort in this
context; in fact it provides further confirmation of my thesis. If the
cops mean to smash and grab your next-door neighbour but through
negligence and/or incompetence they hit you instead (an off-by-one
bug, in programming terms), you still end up just as hit, and perhaps
even more vulnerable to a vicious post-hoc stitch-up/rationalisation.
Or say you accidentally happened to own and operate digital electronic
equipment while black. Lots of things like that to consider, but in
the end, we can't let that stuff hold us back or we'd all just end up
paralysed with fear.

It's worth remembering that in spite of what we're led to believe
throughout our lives, the state security apparatus doesn't know a)
everything or b) anything. They are deeply, deeply stupid and above
all frightened people. They are so scared of the mass of the people
getting wise to them, it paralyses *them*. And so it should.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63