Re: [LUG] No boot loader

On 01/02/14 13:42, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Just got a new laptop running win 7. I installed Ubuntu 12.02 to dual boot
> but it didn't install a boot loader. Can I install one now and if so how
> please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rich

You're in luck - Andrew at webupd8 just happens to have posted the
general recipe for chrooting into a borked *buntu install and fixing it
a couple of days ago, and it's exactly what you need:

http://www.webupd8.org/2014/01/how-to-fix-non-bootable-ubuntu-system.html

Follow his instructions to get into the Ubuntu install, and once you're
in, issue "grub2-install /dev/sda" to repair your bootloader. Unmount
all file systems and reboot.

Regards