Re: [LUG] User Troubleshooting

On 28/01/14 21:41, Rob Beard wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:22:34 +0000, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
For example, I've had a client emailing me constantly for a while that
his "email doesn't work" - yes, that's right, he emails me to tell me
his email is broken. *rolls eyes*

Hahahaha!  That's got to be worse than my "The internet isn't working"
one, to be fair that was a VPN issue and one of our internet connections
was down.  I did explain to the user the different between the Intranet
(which runs over the VPN) and the Internet (Google etc).
I can beat that :) [1]

Customer asked to right click on the mouse. Puts phone on desk and returns a couple of minutes later and says 'Done that..' Having been queried exactly what he had 'done' by the tech it transpired he had done exactly what he thought he had been told. With a pen. Wrote 'Click' on the mouse.

[1] Actually after 6.5 years working ISP Tech Support I have a wide choice, but this is the killer.