Re: [LUG] User Troubleshooting

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014, Rob Beard wrote:

Ahh I see.  One day I dream of some sort of automated helpdesk system that
we can just install as a Debian package and have it answer basic queries
and log calls efficiently :-) (kind of like what my Android phone does with
Google, it's sometimes smart enough to anticipate what I'm going to do and
find the answer before I even think about it).

You can start the "basic query" part by running an internal Wiki. I've done this in the past. You'll need one on a server each site though to cater for times the Inernet has broke...

As for helpdesk... many many to choose from. Even RT is still viable...

Gordon