Re: [LUG] Ethernet over 100 metres

On 21/01/14 20:42, Graham wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0026MAX8E

Might be an option

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On 21 January 2014 19:10:59 stinga+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Sadly homepages aren't an option, both buildings are on separate
>electrical supplies.
>
>However my Bing Fu kicked in and I found some interesting kit that does
>Ethernet over 75ohm coax.  Using RG59 cable it can reach up to 300
>metres at 100Mbit which would be ideal.  Turns out it's actually for
>replacing analogue CCTV cameras with IP cameras.
>
>It's about 200 quid for the adaptors and about another 90 quid for the
>cable.
>
>Rob

Beware connecting two buildings with different electrical supplies. Wireless/fibre is OK no electrical connection
--
Sent from my tablet.
"Gaffer tape is like the force... it has a dark side and a light side and holds the universe together!"

Erm - there's an idea - could you use a couple of old BT ADSL routers to connect over a twisted pair?
Tom te tom te tom