Re: [LUG] Openreach terminology

On 14/01/14 09:34, Tom wrote:
It appears that Bradworthy Exchange(wot I is connected to) will be FTTC
enabled in Marsh this year. I take it that doesnt mean all cabinets will
be enabled?
Tom te tom te tom

Holsworthy was FTTC enabled in December (on Friday 13th as it happens). I know that my local cabinet is up and ready. However, having done some research via the internet, it seems that sometimes only some of the cabinets in a particular area are enabled. Perhaps the others will be set up later.

There was no publicity that I noticed, but I saw the new cabinet being installed so I ran a check on the internet. Example site

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

This showed me that it was up and ready.

Your ISP probably has a check on their site too.

Neil