Re: [LUG] Unable to Install Grub Fatal error

Hi Bad

Missed the last email. I loaded Ubuntu on the usb stick and booted
into it and then took the easy way out and loaded Ubuntu. Had no
problems at all and I am now running Ubuntu. I'll probably stick with
it as it is something I know and enjoy.

Thanks for all the help though.

On 3 January 2014 21:04, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Whoops, forgot an even easier method:
>
> http://www.supergrubdisk.org/
>
> Finish off the Debian install, ignoring the errors: it just won't be
> bootable. Grab the SG2D iso from the site, unetbootin it onto your stick
> and boot - it will give you several methods to non-destructively
> autodetect and boot into your Debian system.
>
> Once you're in, run fdisk -l to see which disk your OS is on (probably
> /dev/sda) and issue the following command as root:
>
> grub-install /dev/sdX
>
> changing X to the appropriate entry.
>
> Exit, remove stick and reboot.
>
> Regards