[LUG] Unable to Install Grub Fatal error

Hi Guys

Well the saga of the HP continues. Just to update everyone. Thankfully
with Bad Apple's (what is his name?) help I worked out that the
problem was the usb stick. I bought a new one, loaded Debian on and
booted. 1 hour later I was ready to install Grub and then I had 3
messages which I took a picture of and have uploaded. Here are the
images:

<http://wild-woods.org.uk/blog/musings/grub-failure/>

The key message says unable to install Grub in dev/sda. This is a
fatal error. The next message says, No boot loader has been installed.
You will need to boot manually with the /vmlinux kernel on partition
/dev/sdd1 and root=/dev/sdd1 passed as a kernel argument.

What the heck? Can anybody help please? Thanks

---
Richard Brown
Youth Worker, Dad and Husband
http://wild-woods.org.uk/