Re: [LUG] Ignoring Linux Mint Upgrade Advice

On 02/01/14 12:26, Julian Hall wrote:

On 09/12/13 21:18, bad apple wrote:
Hopefully some of you might find this useful - it certainly won't be
news to any of the more sophisticated tinkerers or the sysadmins out
there though. I know we have a lot of Mint users though.
<SNIP>
Calculating upgrade... Done
Cerce apt #

I know I originally installed Mint 15, but it has done incremental updates. I can't see how but is it possible it's done a full upgrade to Mint 16 along the way?

Kind regards,

Julian

Please ignore that last. Despite seemingly ignoring all my inputs into the command line, Mint's GUI based Updater then noticed I had added new repositories and promptly did all the updating. Why it didn't allow the terminal to do it is anyone's guess. Anyway, I have now rebooted and despite resetting my background to the default Mint one - which admittedly was handy as it shouted Mint 16 at me telling me it had upgraded - all seems to be OK.

Julian