[ Date Index ]
[ Thread Index ]
[ <= Previous by date /
[ Next by date /
thread => ]
[LUG] OT. remove MS Office 2013
- To: "list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [LUG] OT. remove MS Office 2013
- From: Eion MacDonald <eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:43:09 +0000 (GMT)
- Delivered-to: dclug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1385390589; bh=88SjZgH+ByP/ENGHSVOoJLzm1F19L9D2BXB5soQAfus=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=CQuBLSuLXIJIu7g23MpKKZKtbHA2qKx1eGC1TsuQ3gpChgp0/l6ejZBMNpbJXk+0TafAeisCPdUbARBxy2vDdIIx5DyEjWS2zN1xF5WHK2qjWeSa/KaonHvE+dfNt81zu54+tWI2Fj0qtEvl9h1vPy/ISgauBKU0twlptcKdgiw=
Dear folk, 20131125
Tried to help a neighbour with MS Office /email problems yesterday.
1.Put him onto LibreOffice to sort out his reading emails .doc and .docx attachments.
Now need to remove from his computer the copy of MS Office 2013 trial version he downloaded, I can
find instructions for that, but I have never removed a downloaded MS Office before.
Any kind help or points appreciated.
He had downloaded MS Office 2013 so he could read .docx attachments sent to him which are not readable in his ACER provided
MS Office 2010 Starter a reduced Word/Excel very basis set up, (a free attempt by MS to compete with OpenOffice from 2009 to 2010 now discontinued)
2. MS Office 2013 trial also
placed BING BAR in ALL browsers and also installed BING and Skype.
3. Having got him off MS onto LibreOffice, I want to remove the Bing stuff and he also wants all MS office stuff removed.
I find MS Office 2013 has rendered the MS Office 2010 folder blank, but his old MS Office 2010 Starter works from shortcuts in task bar.
I am confused.
Any help appreciated.
The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG