Re: [LUG] Rubbish emails

On 22/11/13 13:41, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 13:12:55 +0000
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

Now the email address used is one I rarely use at all. I have never
given this email address to DHL, or to anyone else for that matter.
And, if I fell for all that, would DHL send a *zip* file to give me
some simple details about a parcel? LOL.

No.  They send a tracking number, and invite you to look it up on the
tracking system at their website.

enough to click on the attachment, any nasties would fail to run
because I am not using Windows. Is that a fair assumption?

Probably, but in this day and age, it pays to be cautious.

I am, but lots of people do get caught out.

Neil