[LUG] Powering Raspberry Pi from DC PSU?

Hi folks,

One for the Pi users out there. I'm looking at putting a Raspberry Pi somewhere where a mains connection isn't available. I want to be able to run the Pi for at least 8 hours a day, 7 days a week and it's going to be high up so not easy to get to.

I was thinking about some sort of POE solution. I have to hand a TP-Link POE Splitter which will output 5 volts at 2 amps and has a DC barrel connector. I was wondering though if anyone knew of any cables that either have a DC plug on one end and connections for the GPIO pins on the other end or a DC plug on one end and a MicroUSB plug on the other?

Rob