Re: [LUG] OT: USB hub

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 17:05:23 +0000, Philip Hudson <phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I hate hardware.
>
> I've dug out a no-name 4-port USB 2.0 powered hub which is not attached
> its power adapter. Any ideas on how I can work out the voltage and
polarity
> either from first principles or the following clues?
>
> Text on the case:
>
> Top:
>
> USB 2.0 4 PORT HUB
> H. SPD (next to an LED)
> PWR (next to an LED)
>
> Bottom:
> Note
> Keep away from water
> Do not drop
> S/N: 000558
> Made in Taiwan
>
> That is it. I'm not kidding. That. Is. It.
>
> The power socket looks like it's expecting a 1/4-inch hollow-tip jack.

Take it apart and see if there are any identifying codes etc inside?

Years ago it used to be possible to search for FCC IDs to get an idea of
manufacturer, I'm guessing it's still possible.  Or maybe post a picture of
it somewhere so we can enjoy it in all it's hubby glory (and maybe if we
recognise it we might be able to tell you).

Rob