Re: [LUG] DVDs won't automount in Mint 15 inc Link!

On 05/11/13 23:30, Julian Hall wrote:

> Well I'm back to this again.. I've tried the roll-back method in
> the url Kevin posted (which I should have seen before as it was a
> link on a page I had already looked at.. doh!)  Anyway it tells me
> the only available version is the one I already have so won't let
> me downgrade:

Could this actually be an issue as simple as not having libdvdcss
installed? If the same DVD sometime mounts, sometimes doesn't, then
no, that's not the problem but if it's the case that some DVDs always
mount and others always don't, it probably is. Make sense?

What sort of DVDs are we talking about? Data or movie content?

I think I remember you mentioning something about it being a bluray,
which might further complicate things.

What happens when you manually force mounting via the terminal - does
that work perfectly every time?

Regards