From: Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 15:07:16
To: DC LUG<list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [LUG] Mint 15: Automount DVD post re-install of Mint

Hi All,

I've had to reinstall Mint - Grub collapsed and rendered the system
unbootable - and everything is now working again, except the DVD which
as you know I was having issues with previously.  However the problem is
now worse as the drive will now not mount /at all/ whereas previously it
was just random.

At the suggestion of a friend I tried with an external USB drive and
that behaved perfectly - ignored the drive until I inserted a DVD and
then asked what I wanted to do with it.

lshw with external drive connected:

julian@Cerce ~ $ sudo lshw -C disk
[sudo] password for julian:
   *-disk
        product: SAMSUNG HD103SI
        physical id: 0.1.0
        bus info: scsi@3:0.1.0
        logical name: /dev/sda
        version: 1AG0
        serial: S1VSJ9BSA08425
        size: 931GiB (1TB)
        capabilities: partitioned partitioned:dos
        configuration: ansiversion=5 sectorsize=512 signature=12477ae0
   *-cdrom
        product: CDDVDW SE-S084F
        vendor: TSSTcorp
        physical id: 0.0.0
        bus info: scsi@4:0.0.0
        logical name: /dev/cdrom1
        logical name: /dev/cdrw1
        logical name: /dev/dvd1
        logical name: /dev/dvdrw1
        logical name: /dev/sr0
        version: TS00
        capabilities: removable audio cd-r cd-rw dvd dvd-r dvd-ram
        configuration: status=open

lshw without without external drive - I believe it /should/ be listing
my internal drive.

julian@Cerce ~ $ sudo lshw -C disk
   *-disk
        product: SAMSUNG HD103SI
        physical id: 0.1.0
        bus info: scsi@3:0.1.0
        logical name: /dev/sda
        version: 1AG0
        serial: S1VSJ9BSA08425
        size: 931GiB (1TB)
        capabilities: partitioned partitioned:dos
        configuration: ansiversion=5 sectorsize=512 signature=12477ae0

Is the fact that it is a BluRay drive - a Pioneer BDXL - a problem?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Kind regards,

Julian