Re: [LUG] Installing Open Office in Mint 15

On 31/10/13 18:51, Julian Hall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having issues with Libre office in Mint 15.. takes ages to open
> any files, so I want to install Open Office to see if it's an issue
> with Libre, or with the files. Also Libre insists every file is locked
> by another user which is a menace as well.

try the fuser command it should tell you who is using a file,

man fuser for info

Paul
> Anyway, I've downloaded the DEBs for Open Office 4.0 and installed
> them all the way up to the desktop-integration part and that's where
> it falls over:
>
> julian@Cerce ~/Downloads/en-GB/DEBS/desktop-integration $ sudo dpkg -i
> *.deb
> (Reading database ... 161792 files and directories currently installed.)
> Unpacking openoffice-debian-menus (from
> openoffice4.0-debian-menus_4.0-9714_all.deb) ...
> dpkg: error processing openoffice4.0-debian-menus_4.0-9714_all.deb
> (--install):
>  trying to overwrite '/usr/bin/soffice', which is also in package
> libreoffice-common 1:4.0.2-0ubuntu1
> /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache
> gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.
> /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache
> gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.
> Processing triggers for gnome-icon-theme ...
> Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme ...
> Processing triggers for shared-mime-info ...
> Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
> Processing triggers for gnome-menus ...
>  openoffice4.0-debian-menus_4.0-9714_all.deb
>
> Where do I look to find out what the 'Errors' are please?
>
> Kind regard,
>
> Julian

http://www.zleap.net

Torbay Trojans vs Bornemouth Bobcats - 3/11/2013 - 13:00 kick off, @ Clennon Valley

Exeter Raspberry PI Jam TBA

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.