[LUG] Audio with Logitech C310 in Mint 15

Hi All,

This may seem like deja vu, especially to Neil Winchurst, Kevin and Gordon as I've been Googling the problem and found a thread Neil in the LUG a while back that Kevin and Gordon contributed to - among others - discussing the issue. Was a resolution ever found?

Going by the advice and queries from the last time, at the moment I have:

a) Installed Skype and set C310 as video device which works perfectly.
b) Made a test call on Skype, no sound.
c) Checked Skype audio device options. All that is listed is PulseAudio Server (local).
d) Installed PulseAudio Volume Control - only the server listed as a device.
e) Installed Cheese - but that only appears to do video so didn't help diagnose the problem. f) Installed GUCView but that won't run - all I get is a busy icon which then disappears - unsure if that would help diagnose the problem anyway? g) Output from lsusb below, as you can see the C310 is there, but should it be there twice, once for the video component and also the camera?

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 046d:081b Logitech, Inc. Webcam C310
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05a4:9881 Ortek Technology, Inc.
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 046d:c03d Logitech, Inc. M-BT96a Pilot Optical Mouse
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

The camera is connected to my desktop and works perfectly in Windows on the same box which dual boots so I am ruling out a hardware fault.

Kind regards,

Julian