Re: [LUG] DVDs won't automount in Mint 15 inc Link!

On 24/10/13 22:04, Kevin Lucas wrote:
On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 16:54 +0100, Julian Hall wrote:
Hi All,

Originally everything worked perfectly, then DVDs failed to automount.
Googling the problem placed the blame on an update - gvfs from 1.12 to
1.16 - and forums suggest downgrading. How do I do that please?

Kind regards,

Julian

follow the steps in this thread
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=146187#p770495

starting with this

  sudo aptitude search '~igvfs'

Thanks Kevin, and apologies for multiple posts!

I followed the instructions on the thread but came up with an error saying it couldn't find the version of the files - either 1.12.3-4 as in the example or just 1.12. However, the problem has now gone away, and I won't pretend to understand why because no files were actually changed.. perhaps the simple act of trying to change them corrected something?

Kind regards,

Julian