Re: [LUG] Oddball memory strips

I think I'd try crucial.com instead. :-)

On 17 October 2013 15:28, Edwin Rhodes <edwin_rhodes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ray,

Go to cricual.com and run the memory scanner tool. This will give you
detailed info on the ram you have installed including any upgrade options.
Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of raymond.knowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 17 October 2013 14:29
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LUG] Oddball memory strips

Hi All,

I am in the process of doing up an old Dell PC,

which runs Win XP, has two USB 1.0 ports and 2 x 256 MB of RAM.

The USB side of things is sorted, I fitted a USB 2.0 extension card, which
works fine.

The real problem is
the memory. The two memory strips fitted are industry- standard 133 x 32 mm,
but have their pinout arranged differently to most chips. These have 2 x 46
ways on each side, giving 184 ways total. Also their pins are closer

together than the industry standard, giving a wider gaps between the two
connector areas. There are two nicks in the PCB, so that the strip cannot be
inserted the wrong way round. Sorry about the clumsy description, but my
scan of the device was rejected on the grounds of being over the limit for
an email.

So does anyone have any suitable
memory strips, preferably >256MB ?
Cash waiting for