Re: [LUG] rescuing data from windows 8 acer machine with efi boot

i can't take drive out still under warranty hoping acer will fix the windows 8 problems (saves me the effort and money of friend)
The actually message when booting up is "ERROR: no boot disk has been detected or he disk has failed" maybe he got a hardware problem with the 1tb drive in it. It def acer job to fix , only 6 months old at the most.

tried boot repair disk live cd not booting for some reason using 64bit as machine is
he says nothing happened to the computer just been on the desk other day he switched it on and that error message above.
yeah windows 8.

mark