Re: [LUG] RSA what?

>From memory I think this is one hardly anyone uses because it was known not to be
>good.

Google around, to check my recollection. But I think Microsoft researchers spotted
issues with 18 months.

Pseudo Random number generators and crypto systems can be assessed statistically by
people with minimal crypto skills. Since the output must look random, there are set
tests that must be passed. Since cryptanalysis typically relies on these statistical
weaknesses existing, their presence is a red flag. Of course it is still possible to
have a weak crypto system or PRNG that generates output that passes all these tests,
but it would be very hard to engineer deliberately I suspect.