Re: [LUG] ReactOS: Free NT clean-room clone

http://www.reactos.org/about-reactos

Interesting, although I'd be pleasantly surprised if they made it to v.1.0

NT is old technology too.

And it doesn't solve any of the main issues with Windows (viruses, etc) other than having to pay somebody to buy it.

Can I just say: Microsoft die die die yay?

Nope, because it won't. Even if the above did release an NT clone, it would be massively under-promoted and not impact any any significant way on sales of the product. Even if the average user was aware of it, they would probably still pay the extra because they trust Microsoft.

"Reassuringly expensive" - a slogan not just for beer.