Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi - looking for someone to give an introductory lesson

On Mon, 2013-08-05 at 12:26 +0100, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Aug 2013, Kevin Lucas wrote:
>
> > I'm happy to help but we are in Minions (pl145le) any eve (not Monday)
> > after 4pm is good I have a pi running Pidora, and can help set up one
> > and set up a few Apps. No charge for Linux based training.
>
> You're the first person I've heard admit they're running Pidora.
>
> Why not Raspbian?
>
> Gordon

I had raspbain running for some months as a replication Server but it
kept stalling, no error on the master, it carried on regardless, but I
think the salve hi cupped on it's own logs. Probbably just differences
in Default settings based on Distro.  Also it was a little temperamental
with a USB HP printer, I have Mint and Fedora systems here so I just put
on the PiDora image and took 5 mins to fire Mysql and replication its
been running for a month and no probs, (touch wood) it even recovers
after a Lighting strike!. The only thing I haven't got sorted yet is VNC
but as I mostly use SSH its not a problem and using the Desktop is not
important,so it runs Headless..

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)