Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi - looking for someone to give an introductory lesson

On Sun, 2013-08-04 at 16:49 +0100, Kirsty Semple wrote:
> Hi all
>

> Really sorry to bother everyone by sending out a group email.  I
> attended the very first Rasperry Jan session in Exeter with my son
> Archie.  I'm just enquiring if anyone knows of someone who might be
> interested in helping my son Archie with a 1 hr introductory session
> in how to set up the Rasperry Pi plus its potential etc.  It would
> really help to speed him along to have a bit of expert advice from
> someone a bit further along than he is.  We live just 5 mins outside
> of Exeter but we're happy to travel to fix  up a session, we've just
> bought him a raspberry pi for his birthday this week.  Happy to pay
> tuition costs if someone can spare the time, or knows someone who is
> happy to spare an hour or two.
>

> Many thanks in advance for your help.
>

> Best wishes
>

> Kirsty

> On 24 Jul 2013, at 09:14, Simon Belshaw wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >

> > We have set a date of Saturday 24th August for the next Raspberry
> > Jam in the Hoskins room of Exeter Central Library 10.00 â 12.00.
> > Hope you can all make it! (Sorry to have missed out on July but with
> > staff holidays it just wasnât possible).
> >

> > This time, following on from feedback from our previous meetings, we
> > have decided to try something a little different. We will split the
> > room in two and at one end have people with their projects and pis
> > set up for people to try and at the other end we will have a help
> > desk where people can come and ask for advice or help with
> > particular problems.
> >

> > Obviously, for the help desk to work there will need to be people
> > who are happy to help with this, so anyone who is interested can you
> > please let me know and then I can see if this is going to work?
> > Thanks.
> >

> > Also, if anyone has an issue or problem that they need help with if
> > you can send me a message with a brief overview then I can see if
> > anyone will be able to help.
> >

> > Look forward to seeing you then
> >

> > Simon

I'm happy to help but we are in Minions (pl145le) any eve (not Monday)
after 4pm is good I have a pi running Pidora, and can help set up one
and set up a few Apps. No charge for Linux based training.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
A dedicated Linux user