Re: [LUG] New laptop and internatl microphone

On 19/07/13 12:18, Neil wrote:
> Now have a new laptop, and learning about it. It has an internal
> webcam which works. It also has an internal microphone which does not
> seem to work, as tested with Skype.
>
> Can anyone suggest where to start looking please? I have tried various
> ideas. Is there any way I can find out what mic is installed? The
> webcam itself was easy as there is a keyboard shortcut to toggle it
> on/off.
>
> I have tried lshw but am not sure where to look. Perhaps lspci?
>
> thanks
>
> Neil

lsusb if it is  usb hub internally (if that is possible)

the is a graphical front end to lshw something like lshw-gtk

I think dmidecode also lists hardware

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.