Re: [LUG] K3B Question

On 17/07/13 19:02, bad apple wrote:
On 17/07/13 18:51, Simon Waters wrote:
Normal CD player is a vague concept. CDs have to written as audio CDs to work in all
CD players.

That said a remarkable number of devices will just play files from a data CD, but
you can't rely on that working. This makes testing interesting when you find ALL
your CD and DVD players play any junk you throw at them, but customer can't play it.

Brasero the default Ubuntu Cd app should do it fine. Looks like k3b has similar
feature set. CDs require specific audio file type but any good cd writing app on
Linux will convert oggs before writing, so you shouldn't have to worry that these
days.

So basically tell the CD writing app you want to create an audio cd, load your
tracks, write the disk, done. All falls under 'use cases' GNOME cares about so
should be easy in Ubuntu.

It's also worth pointing out that if you rip from CD to .ogg and then
transcode back to another CD in redbook standard, you'll lose data
quality twice through lossy encoding and the tracks will sound like crap.

Rip either directly from one CD to another or re-rip the original tracks
in a lossless format (flac, wav) first and then transcode to the new CD
from there.

Regards

Well, lots of answers which are leaving me rather confused at the moment. Here is what I am trying to do.

I have two music CD,s with various tracks on each of course. I want to take just one track from each CD, and transfer just those two tracks to a single CD-R CD. These tracks are being used for a wedding, one for the bride coming in, one for the couple going out.

I could, of course, use the original CD's and find the right track on each one at the right time. I was just trying to find a way to make it easy by having just the two tracks on one CD. That way, no ejecting one CD to replace it with the other, and each time making sure to find the right track.

The problem, of course, is that my computer has just the one CD drive. So I suppose I must copy the tracks to my HD first, and then burn them to the CD-R. Is that right?

By the way I have used K3B a lot, but I have never used Brasero.

Thanks,

Neil