[LUG] Open Street Map

I saw this email on the list and thought I would have a look at the website and location.

The location was - naturally - on Google Maps and this is something I use a lot. However I am starting to use Open Street Map and particularly the OsmAnd on my android for the following reasons

1) When I find a place I would prefer to add it to Open Street Map rather than Google Maps

2)  OsmAnd works even when offline

Although I must admit I have two bugbears:

-   I can't use my favourite locations on OSM (or I don't know how)

- OsmAnd requires I add the place: post codes don't seem to work. That said the lack of post codes has been of great help. It means I have to look up exactly where I want to go...

As always any help / comments always welcome

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately