Re: [LUG] Software freedom day

On 12/07/13 07:55, Neil Stone wrote:

> Did someone say beer?
>
> On 11 Jul 2013 21:06, "Simon Waters" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Paul,
>
>     may be a cynical view, but I think more details on the beer
>     festival might be a good way to improve attendance!
>

>     --

.1.  Software freedom day event this will run from 14:30 to late,
Please please contact (as directed) rick timmis regarding the beer
festival I have enough to do as it is trying to get things sorted for sfd,

http://exeter.lug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=software_freedom_day

essentially there will be a bar in the evening.   I SAID NOTHING ABOUT
FREE BEER !!!", the day time bit is about software freedom day.

YOU NEED TO CONTACT RICK TIMMIS Rick.Timmis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx for more
information as he is sorting this part of the event out, the rest of the
event needs;

Lug members to plug the event,  tell people about it , get people along,
use social media or what ever it needs PROMOTING

We need people to come along and talk to people about free software,
software freedom etc and promote it, show a sign that as a community we
are serious not a bunch of lose knit geeks and nerds who can;t promote
what we beleive in, you don't need to do talks just answer questions and
give people an insight in to the alternatives.

thanks for any help, maybe we can have lots of lug members turn up,  to
support the event.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.