Re: [LUG] Amazon Cloud player

On 11.07.2013 10:50, Anthony Williams wrote:
On 11/07/13 08:45, George Parker wrote:
On 10/07/13 14:00, Martijn Grooten wrote:
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 12:43 PM, George Parker wrote:
Amazon has now changed it's mind.  It has given me 1036 songs I can
download
on Linux, but one at a time.  Select - download - select - download -
yawn -
select - download - is their any wet paint I can watch instead?
Swallowing your Linux pride and setting your user agent to make Amazon
believe you're using Windows seems to do the trick:

http://www.mylinuxrig.com/post/40802845888/how-to-defeat-the-amazon-cloud-player

OK, installed a user agent changer and Amazon now thinks I'm running
explorer 8. Unfortunately, I have never downloaded an MP3 file from
amazon so have not got Amazon MP3 downloader installed. Amazon does
offer to install the Windows version but I'm only fooling them, aren't
I? So switch to Linux Firefox and try again and Amazon say they don't
support download on Linux. I don't seem to be able to install from
elsewhere or is there something in the Mint/Ubuntu repositories I'm
missing?
You can install the Amazon downloader using wine.

Anthony
sorry, I wasn't clear.

1. Switch firefox so it is identified as IExplorer
2. Go to the amazon download mp3 page
3. click to download
4. when it says you don't have the downloader and do you want to install it say "yes" 5. the downloader *.exe file will download - ignore it, amazon now thinks you have it installed
6. amazon will now offer you to download the *.azw file for your mp3s
7. once you have this use the amarok/banshee download from amazon option and select the *.azw file (or the clamaz command line tool mentioned if you prefer)
8. your mp3s should now be imported into your music player

hope this helps