[LUG] Changing subjects within the same thread

 Hi All,

Following on from the Swearing thread I thought I'd mention this topic. I don't know how many list members use mail clients that thread consecutive emails in the same topic? It may be that I am in the minority as I do, and I find it frustrating when, instead of creating a fresh new email from scratch, people just reply to an existing email and change the subject - or sometimes do not even change the subject and just diverge from the original topic. The crux of the matter is that there may well be people who have no interest in the original topic and ignore the whole thread not realising the focus of the discussion has moved on to an area they are interested in.

A fresh mail would be preferable, or if the segue from the original is still broadly relevant something like '[LUG] Network routers [Was: home networks]' is ideal. It tells those who have followed the discussion from the beginning that this new thread continues it, but also informs those who haven't that it is a new thread specifically regarding routers.

Kind regards,

Julian